North Iowa Fur Company buys all types of wild fur (carcass, skinned, stretched and dried). We also purchase deer hides or exchange them for leather gloves.
Here is some information for you to think about during trapping season.
- Buying all types of wild furs, carcass, skinned and put-up fur!
- We do not buy skunk, coon, or opossum in the carcass
- We also buy and sell used traps
- Due to market conditions, unprimed and small coon will have no value
- Buying deer hides or exchanging for leather gloves
- Cut off heads and legs on all the deer hides
- Freeze hides or store in a cool dark area, away from sunlight
- To get the most money for your furs remember these important facts:
- Skin your animals. Skinning is an easy way to gain extra money per hide
- Clean the dirt, blood and burrs from your furs
- Once fur is clean and dry, put in freezer (especially early season when it is warm)
- If no freezer is available, store in a cool dark area, away from sunlight
- Keep a close eye on your fur when thawing; never thaw to high heat or furs will spoil
- Wet, dirty and spoiled fur have NO value
- We run as close to the designated times as possible.
- Please be patient as we may run behind at a busy stop or if roads are bad
- You may call truck numbers below with concerns
- We plan on running every route listed, but keep in mind if the forecast is of extremely bad weather or the closure of roads happen, we may have to cancel the route for the weekend. If this occurs, it is a good idea to call ahead before making your way to our stop. Please keep in mind, if the weather is okay in your area it may be bad in others, as we cover a big portion of the state on our weekend route.
Feel free to call or text with any questions you may have. PLEASE DON'T CALL ROUTE BUSINESSES!!
Route truck numbers:
Bill (641) 330-1013
Jeff (641) 257-9599
Office Number (563) 237-5332
|2021-2022 routes to be determined|
|Estherville||Old Shopko (Hwy 9, next to McDonalds)||8:00-8:30 am|
|Sibley||Lynch Livestock||10:00-10:30 am|
|Sheldon||O'Brien County Imp (behind Fareway)||11:15-11:45 am|
|Onawa||Cubby's (Hwy 175)||1:45-2:15 pm|
|Missouri Valley||BP Gas Station (exit 75 Interstate 29)||3:00-3:30 pm|
|Red Oak||Cubby Phillips 66 (Jct Hwy 34 & 48)||5:00-5:30 pm|
|Creston||Tractor Supply Co.||7:00-7:30 pm|